Teaching at CUHK
For Medicine and Pharmacy students, I conduct lectures, practical classes and workshops to teach the principals of drug action relative to: the autonomic nervous system; cholinergic pharmacology and anti-cholinesterases; adrenergic pharmacology; gastrointestinal pharmacology including anti-ulcer and motility drugs; anti-emetics; drugs working on the central nervous system including neuroleptic drugs; drug interactions; healthcare database analysis; journal analysis; and selected study modules. In addition, I also teach communication skills.
Administrative Duties at CUHK
- Director, University Laboratory Animal Services Centre, CUHK
- Managing Director, Animal Holding Core, SBS, CUHK
- Chairman, Animal Care and Housing Committee, SBS, CUHK
- Liaison Officer with Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Japan
- Member of the Animal Ethics Experimentation Committee, CUHK
- Member of the Phase 1 Panel of the Joint CUHK-NTEC Clinical Research Ethics Committee
- Member, Committee on BSc in Biomedical Sciences Programme, CUHK
Grant Review Board
- Member of the Grant Review Board for the Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF), Food and Health Bureau, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Journal Editorial Boards
I am a member of the Associate Editorial Boards of:
I have reviewed manuscripts for over 20 different Scientific Journals.
- American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Pharmacology
- British Pharmacological Society
- European Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility
- Hong Kong Pharmacology Society (Hon. Secretary)
- Hong Kong Society of Neurosciences
- Japanese Pharmacological Society
- The International Society for Serotonin Research
- Gastrointestinal Pharmacology Section of IUPHAR (Hon. Treasurer)
- Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC)