- I’m a research assistant, and interested in studying the emesis mechanism using Suncus as an animal model.
- At present, I am doing research on the effect of Nesfatin-1 on Suncus vomiting.
- In vivo studies included intracerebroventricular administration of nesfatin-1, CART and ghrelin, following a series of behavioral testing.
- A telemetric recording system is used to record gastric myoelectric activity, heart rate, heart rate variability, blood pressure and body core temperature in freely moving animals.
- In vitro studies: PCR is used to detect the expression of CART and nesfatin-1 in different tissues.
- Western blot is used to investigate the distribution of CART in the Suncus tissues.
- Immunohistochemistry is used to identify c-fos and CART expression in the Suncus brain tissues.