Research Interest and PhD project:
- I am a final year Mphil-PhD student with an interest in emesis research using Suncus murinus and ferret as animal models.
- My PhD project was designed to investigate the anti-emetic potential of the GLP-1 antagonist, exendin (9-39).
- in vitro studies including organ bath and 'grease-gap' techniques were used to characterize the pharmacology of GLP-1 receptor in ferret gut tissues and vagus nerve.
- Western blot was used to investigate the distribution of GLP-1 receptors in the ferret tissues.
- in vivo studies included intracerebroventricular administration of GLP-1 receptor agonist , exendin-4 or exendin (9-39).
- Area postrema ablation surgeries were performed to investigate the role of area postrema in emesis control mechanisms.
- A telemetric recording system was used to record gastric myoelectric activity, heart rate, heart rate variability, blood pressure and body core temperature in freely moving Animals
- A Programmable micro-infusion pump was implanted to enable long-term scheduled drug administration into the brain.
- Immunohistochemistry was used to identify c-fos expression in the ferret brain tissues.
- The Eleventh National Academic Conference of the Chinese Pharmacological Society. Jinan, Shandong Province, China. 22-25 September 2011.
- The Joint International Neurogastroenterology and Motility Meeting. Bologna, Italy. 6-8 September 2012.