Welcome to JAR-Labs
- I am a pharmacologist interested primarily on the mechanism of action of drugs on the Brain-Gut axis.
- I have been working on mechanisms of the emetic reflex for over twenty-five years and now apply this knowledge back to degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
- The Laboratory has an international composition and we have worked with over 20 pharmaceutical companies on drug discovery projects.
- We apply state-of-the-art technology to advance our understanding of drug and disease mechanisms.
- We believe that collaboration and teamwork are important ingredients of successful research.
School of Biomedical Sciences
- The School of Biomedical Sciences was formed in June, 2009 from the amalgamation of staff from the Departments of Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Pharmacology.
- Our group belongs to the new Cancer Biology and Experimental Therapeutics Theme, with an older affiliation to the Neuro-degeneration, -development and Repair Theme.
- We are located in a purpose built facility on the main campus of the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK).
- In addition to an interest in drug discovery, I also teach the mechanism of action of drugs in disease to medicine and pharmacy students enrolled at CUHK.
- I also have a number of administrative roles within the University.
- Click here for more information.