- I am a 1st year PhD student. My current research focuses on the mechanisms of emesis induced by motion and chemotherapy in Suncus murinus.
- I am currently investigating the potential anti-emetic effect of prokinetic drugs against motion-induced emesis.
- I am particularly interested in the potential relationship between gastric dysrhythmia and emesis; especially mechanisms involving ghrelin and motilin.
- I have developed radiotelemetric techniques to record the electrogastrogram and isolated tissue recording protocols to assess drug potency; I use c-Fos immunohistochemistry to assess mechanisms of brain activation.
- I am also recording respiratory function using whole body plethysmography to investigate if changes in respiratory function can provide a novel indicator of emesis and possibly nausea.